Application for membership must be made in writing using the official Application Form and shall be signed by the candidate. Applications must be accompanied by a list of the applicant’s vehicles to be approved and the appropriate documentation requested on the application form.
Upon receipt of the completed application form, the Chairperson will bring the application for membership to the next meeting of the CTTC Council (all members). Every candidate must be proposed by one member and seconded by another member. The proposer and seconder must attend that meeting, but the applicant may not. Once an approval is made, membership will be active from the first day of the following month.
Criteria for Membership
Membership comprises of member companies, all of whom shall be bona fide coach operators engaged in the business of coach tourism, school transport, private hire, or scheduled services.
Applicants for membership of the CTTC must:
- Hold a current European Community Licence with all vehicles listed on the Vehicle Identification Schedule.
- Be obliged to provide ongoing staff training to maintain the highest possible operating standards.
- Ensure that all their individual drivers are fully complainant with drivers’ CPC requirements.
- Ensure, where it is a necessary condition of employment, that all individual drivers are fully Garda vetted before commencing said employment.
- Have adequate Risk Assessment Policy documents in place to reflect their operations.
- Provide all employees with Employment Contracts within 5 days of commencement of employment.
- Agree with the minimum wage.
- Hold a current PSV Licence and a CVRT Cert for each vehicle.
- Be or employ a fulltime qualified Transport Manager.
- Comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Actions and all other relevant legislation.
- Comply with all relevant EU Directives relating to the carriage of passengers.
- Effect and keep in force a policy of motor insurance for all vehicles in the name of the member company which complies with the relevant Road Traffic legislation.
- Effect and keep in force adequate Employers and Public Liability Insurance in the name of the member company.
- Be actively engaged in the business of coach or bus transportation and to make available for inspection by a CTTC appointed officer, all vehicles used for the carriage of passengers together with all relevant documentation.
- Act in good faith and for a proper purpose; duty to manage conflicts of interest; duty to act with care, skill and diligence; duty not to misuse position or information.
- Be loyal to the CTTC and will pursue and adhere to its objectives and be active in its membership.
- Avoid any action conducive to discrediting it or the membership of the CTTC
- Understand and agree that the above principles constitute the Code of Ethics of the CTTC, and a breach of this Code could result in disciplinary action by the CTTC against them, including the withdrawal of membership rights
Membership dues are outlined in the table below. They are paid on a monthly basis by bank transfer, according to the member’s Large Public Service Vehicle (LPSV) fleet size (note: their total LPSV fleet size, not just their coach fleet).
|Category||Fleet Size||Monthly Dues|